Saturday, September 26, 2020

Tasting Nissin's Hot & Spicy Firewok Sizzlin' Rich Pork Noodles

Today I'm trying Nissin's Hot & Spicy Firewok Sizzlin' Rich Pork Noodles. Like the previous one, it's a big serving and presented the same way. I cooked it in a bit more water and for 3:30 this time and it was still a bit al dente; another 20 sec did the trick, and the noodles remained chewy throughout. 

I tried it without the fire sauce first. Flavor was good but not at all spicy - I'd call it a basic pork flavor with a hint of soy & sesame. I opened the fire sauce packet and it was not at all the same - this one smelled more like charred or roasted meat and in a pleasant way. Had no qualms about adding this one, so wondering if I got an expired packet on the previous one. It added a little heat, but again nothing worthy of the term "Firewok". I did decide to add a bit of leftover pork and maybe 1/2 tsp of sesame oil and it was pretty tasty. 

This one runs 570 calories and an even 2,000 mg of sodium. 

Verdict: Much better flavor than the chicken one...but less heat. Again not sure I'd spend the money and sodium on it. 

Taste: B

Heat: C


No comments:

Post a Comment