Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Tasting Paldo Namja Ramen


Today's tasting doesn't come off the Ramen Rater's lists; in fact, not really sure where I found out about this one. Decent-sized brick of noodles at 4.06 oz/115g, and comes with two packets - one of vegetables, and one of seasoning powder. The directions are to cook in 500cc of water "until tender"; I cooked them for 3 minutes and they were very good texture-wise. The directions didn't say to drain, so I didn't - I just added the packets and let them sit for a few minutes.  

The first impression of the flavor is salt, but it goes down pretty quickly to a solid if non-descript "meaty" flavor. The Ramen Rater thought they were pretty hot, but I'm not tasting any heat at all, to the point I'm thinking about adding some hot sauce to it as well as a protein add-in, this time roast turkey. 

Nutritional details: 480 calories, 14g of fat, and 10g of protein. 1,850(!) mg of sodium. 

Verdict: OK. Not amazing, not terrible, just...OK. I'll finish them but won't buy them again. 

Taste: 6/10

Heat: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment