Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Tasting Tapatio Ramen Noodle Soup

 Today I'm trying Tapatio Ramen Noodle Soup. Saw this at the local Walmart and thought it might be interesting - I love hot sauce and I love ramen, so why not try the combination? Tapatio is not a super-spicy hot sauce - along the lines of a Tabasco or sriracha. 

Followed the directions using boiling water and let sit for 3 min. The noodles were still a bit more al dente than I generally go for so I let it sit another minute or so. 

The flavor is tough to describe. I didn't really get any flavor from it other than a very mild protein flavor - I had to check the ingredients to see that it includes beef and vegetable stock and MSG. The heat was there if you have a very sensitive palate, but as I noted, Tapatio isn't noted for scorching heat. Overall I'd say the flavor was pleasant. 

I didn't have anything to stir into it so I ate it as is, but it would have been significantly improved I think with a bit of meat, maybe some lime juice and cilantro. 

440 calories as packaged, and 1540 mg of sodium. 

Verdict: It was OK, but that's it. 

Taste: B

Heat: D

No comments:

Post a Comment