Friday, October 9, 2020

Tasting Paldo Volcano Spicy Chicken Noodles

Today I'm trying Paldo's Volcano Spicy Chicken Noodles. It's labeled as being "Crazy Hot! Hot Spicy". It's rated #9 on the spiciest prepackaged ramens of all time by The Ramen Rater
I generally followed the package instructions, cooking it in 2 1/2 cups of boiling water for 3:00, then drained most of the water off. I did not do the stir-fry step. 

The noodles were fairly thick, very chewy, very tasty by themselves. It comes with two packets, one that had seaweed and sesame seeds, and one that was the chili sauce. I added both, gave it a stir, and let it sit a minute or so. 

I found the actual flavor to be a nondescript "meaty". It's labeled as chicken but I didn't see any actual chicken in the ingredients - rather, there was yeast extract, MSG, and artificial beef and chicken flavor. Heat-wise, it did have a bit of a punch, though I'm not sure I'd consider it to be spicy enough to be the 9th hottest of the several thousand the Ramen Rater has tried. The heat lingers - I waited about 4 min after the first bite and I could still feel it. The heat seems to build, too - I finished the bowl about 5 min ago and not only can I still feel the heat in my mouth, but my lips are slightly tingly in a way that evokes both heat and numbness. 

This one runs 520 calories and 1,263 mg of sodium. 

Verdict: I bought this as a 4-pack and will happily consume all 4 of them. That said, I may try a mukbang with the 3 remaining chili sauce packets in one bowl of noodles and save the other two for some other treatment. 

Taste: 8/10

Heat: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment