Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Tasting Indomie Mi goreng Hot & Spicy Noodles

Another first for me today as I tried my first Indonesian noodles, Indomie Mi Goreng Hot & Spicy. This made the Top 13 spiciest ramens list per TheTakeout.com. Pretty small package at only 2.82 oz (80g) - probably why the calorie and sodium totals are so relatively low. Inside are pretty typical-looking ramen-style noodles, and no fewer than 5 different sachet ingredients: seasoning powder, seasoning oil, sweet soy sauce, chili powder, and fried onion. The seasoning oil was...interesting...in that part of it was very dark and seems to have congealed inside the sauce packet, while the rest was a radioactive orange. 


I cooked the noodles per directions - boiled for 3 min, then drained. I added the sachet ingredients to the noodles rather than the noodles to the sachet - so I guess I didn't *exactly* follow them. 

]The texture was good, and the taste was definitely more soy than anything else. Then again, it didn't say it was chicken, beef, etc. I didn't see any animal proteins listed in the ingredients. Heat-wise, there isn't an immediate hit, but it does grow slowly over maybe 30-40 seconds. To my palate it wasn't very spicy but I could see it being a bit tingly for some people. Once I hit the fried onions, they were very potent little salt-bombs. I clearly didn't distribute them evenly enough as the last coupe bites were like chewing on salt crystals. 

390 calories, 17g of fat, and 8g of protein. Definitely more typical ramen in all categories. "Only" 770 mg of sodium so better than many others. 

Verdict: It was OK, but not worth what I paid for it (maybe $1.79 or so at my local grocery store). I'd eat the rest of the pack if it only came in a multi-pack, but since I got just the one, it's probably one and done. 

Taste: 6/10

Heat: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment